Fonts and Mobile Development XPA 3.2g

Graham White

Hi,

I am trying to get my head around the corelation of the font size and what is actually displayed on the device.  We use font Microsoft Sans Serif size 8 which look fine and fields fit nicely in the studio, however, this is not the case on the device.  We predominantly use iPhones and we notice quite a difference in the font size when displayed on different phone models.  I would have thought if it is size 8 it should look the same regardless but his does not seem to be the case.  It seems it is almost impossible to get a consistent look across models.  Can anyone explain how best we can do this.

Regards

Graham White
Software Developer
Graham.White@...
EC Credit Control |  eccreditcontrol.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential to EC Credit Control and subject to legal privilege (which is not waived or

lost by mistaken delivery). If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately and destroy the message and any attachments.

If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any use, distribution, amendment, copying or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance of

this message or attachments is prohibited. EC Credit Control collects personal information to provide and market our services (see our privacy policy at:

www.eccreditcontrol.co.nz – www.eccreditcontrol.com - www.eccreditcontrol.com.au for more information about use, disclosure and access).

EC Credit Control’s liability in connection with transmitting, unauthorised access to, or viruses in this message and its attachments is limited to resupply of

any affected message or attachments.

Brenn Ducusin

You might need to assign placements for each item in the form. Placements assign how it should look across most devices.

Keith Canniff

Graham,

You should also only use True Type or Open Type fonts to be compatible across devices. Not sure if the one you mentioned is the true type version. If not switch it to that one.

Handling a more responsive interface based the device definitely falls under the placement properties at minimum and possibly multiple forms (desktop, tablet, phone) to be more responsive like.

Keith.