Creation of .exe file in RIA #temp #please #chat #ria

Vikash

Vikash
Should I create .exe file of my project in magic XPA 3.1.
If is it possible then guide us.

Many thanks.

Andy Jerison

Like all Magic deployments, RIA does not involve creating an .EXE file.

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 9:36 AM, Vikash <vk250993@...> wrote:
Vikash
      Should I create .exe file of my project in magic XPA 3.1.
If is it possible then guide us.

Many thanks.

Vikash

so , you say that ,there is no any option to create .exe file with magic.Right!

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 8:31 PM, Andy Jerison <droidaj@...> wrote:
Like all Magic deployments, RIA does not involve creating an .EXE file.

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 9:36 AM, Vikash <vk250993@...> wrote:
Vikash
      Should I create .exe file of my project in magic XPA 3.1.
If is it possible then guide us.

Many thanks.

Andreas Sedlmeier

Why would you want to create an .exe ? There's possibilities to create an .exe from any Magic application but why would you do this ? In Java or .NET you do not either. If its a RIA application and you want to have a shortcut on your desktop which does start the application it's Java Web Start or Microsoft ClickOnce technology which you can use and I was under the impression that Magic RIA uses ClickOnce to create you this shortcut when you deploy a RIA application. Don't it ? I am not a big RIA fan. Check following document for some information: http://magic.force.com/PublicKnowledge/articles/bl_Reference/Manually-Installing-the-RIA-Client-Without-ClickOnce---Concept-Paper-xpa-3x

Best Regards,

Andreas