Filecopy to network drive problem

motifaithed@...

Hi,

I would just like to ask everyone if they already bumped into the issue that I have today.

this code works on development mode(Magic XPA Studio runtime)

filecopy('C:\temp\test1.txt', '\\NetworkDrive\test1.txt')

But when I tried it on deployment mode(when the app is executed on my local machine). It doesn't work, no file copied on the network drive. All permissions are granted with read write delete.

I'm using magic xpa 3.3.

Please help it's been two days for this bug.

Thanks everyone :)

Wes Hein

Check the 'CommandProcessor = C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe' line in your deployment magic.ini to make sure it is valid path.

Wes

motifaithed@...

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 01:16 AM, Wes Hein wrote:
C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe'

What should be the proper value for this one?

Wes Hein

Look in the folder on the computer running the application to see if cmd.exe is in that location.  Alternately I suspect you can take out the path and just leave cmd.exe, most environment search paths look in the appropriate folder.
The default mapping file has <Ctrl-Z> to execute Shell To OS, try that when the application is running and see if you get a command line screen.  We block that in our main program so users cannot do so.

Your path is ok for a 64-Bit version of Magic, it is however not relevant for a FileCopy operation anyways. Magic implements that natively and does not need a command shell to execute that operation.

How do you start your runtime engine which fails to copy the file to that network share ?

If the runtime is started by the broker running as LocalSystem you wont have access to any network drive

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 07:50 PM, <motifaithed@...> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 01:16 AM, Wes Hein wrote:
C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe'

What should be the proper value for this one?

oldone

Had a variation of this with dos command executions failing with previous versions. Otherwise, unverified
experience.

Govert Schipper

Do you have a space in your network drive path?

Maybe enclose the full file path in double quotes.

I would just like to ask everyone if they already bumped into the issue that I have today.

this code works on development mode(Magic XPA Studio runtime)

filecopy('C:\temp\test1.txt', '\\NetworkDrive\test1.txt')

But when I tried it on deployment mode(when the app is executed on my local machine). It doesn't work, no file copied on the network drive. All permissions are granted with read write delete.

I'm using magic xpa 3.3.

Please help it's been two days for this bug.

Thanks everyone :)

RJV

Just  a thought, Share and Directory access is arranged differently, worth to check that out in your case.

Kind regards / Hartelijke groeten / Z poważaniem / सधन्यवाद,

Rob Verheij

Of Govert Schipper via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2021 12:47 PM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] Filecopy to network drive problem

Do you have a space in your network drive path?

Maybe enclose the full file path in double quotes.

I would just like to ask everyone if they already bumped into the issue that I have today.

this code works on development mode(Magic XPA Studio runtime)

filecopy('C:\temp\test1.txt', '\\NetworkDrive\test1.txt')

But when I tried it on deployment mode(when the app is executed on my local machine). It doesn't work, no file copied on the network drive. All permissions are granted with read write delete.

I'm using magic xpa 3.3.

Please help it's been two days for this bug.

Thanks everyone :)

ATTENTION:
The information in this e-mail is confidential and only meant for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, don't use or disclose it in any way. Please let the sender know and delete the message immediately.

Copy the FIleCopy string to your clipboard when it executes and run the results from a cmd window, might return relevant information

Wes