FIleDlg and mapped networkdrives

Sabrina Horst

I am working on a server on which I mapped several networkdrives to other servers.

I can use this nicely from Word (save as) or MSS or VB.

But in Unipaas 1.9p and XPA2.5e I cannot 'see' them.

Any idea why? It is very annoying.

joe moore

If may be related to running under administrative control

If you open a cmd prompt and type  ‘net use’ , you should see the drives listed.

Now open a cmd prompt as ‘Run as administrator’  and type ‘net use’,   do you see the same ?

   - If not,  map the drives using this cmd prompt and the ‘net use’ command and try magic again.

Regards
Joe Moore
Magic Information Systems Inc.
support@...
905 738 9650 x 242

I am working on a server on which I mapped several networkdrives to other servers.

I can use this nicely from Word (save as) or MSS or VB.

But in Unipaas 1.9p and XPA2.5e I cannot 'see' them.

Any idea why? It is very annoying.

Marc Gauthier

Check this:

We used an ini that is on the network - if we want magic to see the INI on the map drive we change a Dword in the registry on our PC and RDP servers

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policies/System

Create a  DWORD 32bits avec le nom suivant  EnableLinkedConnections and  set value to 1

Don't forget to Reboot

HTH

Marc

Sabrina Horst

Sorry for the late response.

You are right. this is the issue. Strange I have an administrator account which I use to log in on this server.

Sabrina Horst

Thanks Marc.. this worked for me.