Android App error code : null


Baptiste Mille
 

Hello everyone,

I'm a beginner in Android and Rich Client developpment in Magic.

I'm using magic xpa 4.7. I'm trying to set up everything to start an android app on my local PC, i'm using Wamp and Bluestack as Android emulator. 
I'm trying to start the MobileDemo sample on Android it does not work when i enter the URL on the magic APK i'm getting the 'NULL' error.

My problem is that when i open in a web browser http:localhost/MagicScripts/DevProps.txt, it appears and it seems that the app can read DevProps too but then the error code 'null' appears and the app just close.

I can't find anything on the Internet to set up this perfectly, even with a IIS server. If someone in this group has procedure, tutorial or some advices, it could help me a lot.


Best Regards

P.S : sorry for my english i'm from France


Todd Baremore
 

Mille,

Check the magic.ini setting below. It should be set to Background mode.
DeploymentMode = B

I have some notes on how to configure IIS and the Magic Broker. I will post them tonight in the Files area.
Todd
On 7/6/2021 4:24 AM, Baptiste Mille wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm a beginner in Android and Rich Client developpment in Magic.

I'm using magic xpa 4.7. I'm trying to set up everything to start an android app on my local PC, i'm using Wamp and Bluestack as Android emulator. 
I'm trying to start the MobileDemo sample on Android it does not work when i enter the URL on the magic APK i'm getting the 'NULL' error.

My problem is that when i open in a web browser http:localhost/MagicScripts/DevProps.txt, it appears and it seems that the app can read DevProps too but then the error code 'null' appears and the app just close.

I can't find anything on the Internet to set up this perfectly, even with a IIS server. If someone in this group has procedure, tutorial or some advices, it could help me a lot.


Best Regards

P.S : sorry for my english i'm from France


Baptiste Mille
 

Hello Todd,

First of all, thank you for your answer. 

My magic.ini is set to background mode already, i'll wait for your file about the IIS configuration with Magic Broker, i'll start working on a IIS server because i'm starting to think that Apache on my local PC is not working properly.

Thank you very much.

Regards.


Baptiste MILLE


Todd Baremore
 

Baptiste,

Try the instructions in the file below
https://magicu-l.groups.io/g/main/files/Windows10Pro_IIS10_XPA47_Config.zip
Todd
On 7/6/2021 11:52 AM, Baptiste Mille wrote:

Hello Todd,

First of all, thank you for your answer. 

My magic.ini is set to background mode already, i'll wait for your file about the IIS configuration with Magic Broker, i'll start working on a IIS server because i'm starting to think that Apache on my local PC is not working properly.

Thank you very much.

Regards.


Baptiste MILLE


Baptiste Mille
 

Todd,

Thanks a lot for your file, i'll keep you in touch.

Best regards

Baptiste MILLE


Todd Baremore
 

Baptiste
A higher authority has brought to my attention that XPA 4.72 includes the document:
How to - Deploying Applications in Background.pdf
which explains the settings and where to find a batch file to configure IIS and BrokerSettings.exe to configure the Broker. This will be a big time saver when deploying at a customer.

My instructions were for XPA 4.71, which should work just fine. I have not installed 4.72 yet.
Todd
On 7/7/2021 2:28 AM, Baptiste Mille wrote:

Todd,

Thanks a lot for your file, i'll keep you in touch.

Best regards

Baptiste MILLE