Exit Without Saving Event? #ria #xpa

Marvin VIDAL

Hello,

I'm trying to create a cancel button, like windows applications does: exit without saving any change. I'm working with RIA with deferred transaction option, so I know that data will no be saved until I exit, but I want to the "do not save anything" option too.

I have the "Cancel" event, but it just undo the current record edit. "Exit" and "Exit System" save every change. So I have created my own event "myCancel", that evaluate the rollback function like this:"RollBack('FALSE'LOG,1)" and then I raise the "Exit" event.

My new user event is working fine so far, but I just wanted to know if  this is ok or if there's a better to achieve my goal.

Best regards,

Marvin VIDAL

Wes Hein

Use 'Quit'

Wes Hein

Principal Software Engineer

P: 503.751.2537

E: wes.hein@...

Springbrook Community

ransomware_bestpractice

The company accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Marvin VIDAL

Hello,

Thank you for the answer I was just looking to the documentation and I discover that "Quit" it does the same as "Cancel" and "Exit" event (in this order).  I have also tried it.
So I think that I will keep Rollback Function.

Regards,

Marvin VIDAL