Transparent PNG in output form

Wes Hein

In my case, I set the color of the image to black with white background.  When the image control had a transparent background I got a black background

Wes

Adrian Wick

If anyone is interested ...

using xpa default pdf for creating outputs does the job ... but whenever i print on external printer ... the transparancy is gone.

Cheers

Adrian Wick

Damn ... I added your color and it still doesnt work ... WTF?!??!

Now i have ran out of ideas. Thank you so much for your time!

:beer:

Cheers

Adrian Wick

I guess my color table needs your line :D

Default Print Form Color,FFFFFFF7,00FFFFFF,2,0

Todd
On 8/2/2021 8:23 AM, Adrian Wick wrote:

Thank you!

I will test this your img and report back. In the meantime can you please open image color file in note pad and copy the 6th line and past it here?

Again thank you!

Adrian Wick

Thank you!

I will test this your img and report back. In the meantime can you please open image color file in note pad and copy the 6th line and past it here?

Again thank you!

Adrian,

I think I led you astray.  In IcoFX set the background color to Transparent using the controls indicated. Mouse over each control for a tool tip.

and the paint can icon on the left toolbar.

In Magic I use color 6 for the Image Control Color because I'm printing on white paper.

Attached is a test image to work with.
Todd
On 8/2/2021 2:51 AM, Adrian Wick wrote:

@Todd Baremore

would you be so kind and past the whole color line here? I would than put it into my color profile ...

Thank you

Adrian Wick

@Todd Baremore

would you be so kind and past the whole color line here? I would than put it into my color profile ...

Thank you

Adrian Wick

So i downloaded that software and made a new test png ...

made a new color profile for foreground and background. Notice how the "transparant" checkbox is checked, but disabled?
Thats because the background has a checkmark next to "transparent". In studio you can see trough the image. I put a solid
black line behind the image.

I even change the color from black to white.

but on the output it always turns out black.

Any ideas?

Adrian Wick

Thank you for you input.

@Todd

i have the background color as transparent ...

Adrian,

The problem is the foreground color of the image is set to transparent. This will print black.  You need to set the background color of the image to transparent.

I use IcoFX for creating icons and modifying existing png/jpg files. The Business License is $50.00 US.   I find it very easy to work with it.
https://icofx.ro/downloads.html
Todd
On 7/30/2021 6:14 AM, Adrian Wick wrote:

Hello all,

I am am trying to include a simple transparent png file at the end of an printer output. But the transparancy turns out black.

Things i have done:
- transparent png (checked)
- style 2D (checked)
- image color background transparent (checked)
- image style (tried all ... copied, fill, fit, ... all the same)

What am i missing?? At the moment i am printing into pdf.

John Knickerbocker

I had the same issue recently. I gave up trying and converted it to a jpg with a white background.