ToolBox Library (ver 0.2) #tools #xpa

Roberto Ramirez Cervantes

Hello Fellow Magicians,

About two months ago a showcased two applications that I have been working on my spare time, a Test Data Generator, and a ToolBox Library.

After that presentation I stopped working on the TDG and focus myself to review and test every program in the ToolBox to ensure they run as expected, because as I mentioned, I want to make this library available to everyone.

It is not perfect, but it works.

There are things that I wanted to include with this library like a companion application demonstrating the usage of every program, a user manual, screen capture video showing how each program works, etc. but that will take me more time to complete and I needed draw a line in the sand and leave the rest for a later date.

You can download the ZIP file containing the ToolBox Library Application using this link: https://ln5.sync.com/dl/34cc394b0/pshgqg9i-h3mu84s8-rueiukmc-ag2q7hyx

The version of this Library is XPA 4.6.

On Monday March 7th at 8:am PST I will be hosting a 1 hour zoom meeting to explain the configuration of this Library, the programming standards that I followed, how batch calls can be issued, what is in my to do list, and answer any questions that you might have.

This is the link for the meeting:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82091753658?pwd=T2FsTXJ6cFBBSldIaFlqNXBTYWJCZz09

Regards,

Roberto

Keith Canniff

Thank you Roberto. Can't wait to take a look.

[...]

Thank you Keith.

Wes Hein

Thank you for your hard work on this.

Principal Software Engineer

P: 503.751.2537

E: wes.hein@...

Springbrook Community

govtech_100

The company accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

CAUTION: This email originated from outside the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

[...]

dtpigary2011@...

Hi Roberto

Is this a go to XPA 3.3? Or it will just be a control version mismatch?

Thanks Roberto for your ussual support!

Roberto Ramirez Cervantes

You are welcome,

I have not tried to move it backwards to version 3.3.

It could be as easy at to change the SourceVersion information in the EDP file to match version 3.3, but even if that works, I will need to check if I am using any Magic functions\features that were not present in 3.3, and then, find a way to get the same result without them.

I will play with it this weekend and post my results

Regards,

Roberto Ramirez Cervantes

Hello,

I have good news!

I installed Magic 3.3j and the Studio was able to open my ToolBox Library no modification to the EDP file at all.

Program "Export Data w/DataView" uses a 4.6 function called "DataViewToJSON" that is not supported in 3.3so the Checker will complain about but other than that, you can use all the programs this Library in XPA 3.3 right away!

I am almost done with version 0.6 of the ToolBox Library; it contains many fixes to both the logic and the screens of several programs. Big changes are 1. A New Image Library module to help you store\display images in Magic programs instead of having them as individual files inside an \Image folder (like I did in version 0.4) or using the @DLL feature; 2. The Debugger module had some issues with the Break Point feature\logic that now is fixed.

Regards,

Roberto Ramirez Cervantes

Almost forgot,

XPA 3.3 does not have an entry for Edit controls called "Disable Color", so you will find that almost all programs have an expression pointing to a Global Variable called "clrfntcnfEditEditDisable" or "clrfntcnfEditQueryDisable" that is not used anywhere.. because this feature is not in 3.3.

You just need to delete all un-used expression and you will be ok

Regards,
Roberto