DBNETLIB ConnectionOpen(Connect()). SQL Server does not exist or access denied

Roberto Ramirez Cervantes

Hello All,

We have a batch process in XPA 4.71 vs MSSQL.
If we 1 instance of this process in 3 different VMs everything is fine.
If we 2 instances of this process in a single VM everything is fine.
If we 3 instances of this process in a single VM the process shows this error message after about 10 minutes.

I have gone over past posts in here and we have not found a solution; just wondering if anyone have found and solved this problem recently.

Thank you.
Roberto

Steven Blank

Roberto,

It sounds to me like you need to increase the Max. connections property for the MicrosoftSQLServer DBMS:

According to the help file, when Max. connections is set to zero (0), Magic uses the default number of three (3), so I would set the number to something like six (6) and see if that doesn't correct your immediate issue.

Steven G. Blank
SGBlank Consulting

On 4/25/2022 11:28 AM, Roberto Ramirez Cervantes wrote:

Hello All,

We have a batch process in XPA 4.71 vs MSSQL.
If we 1 instance of this process in 3 different VMs everything is fine.
If we 2 instances of this process in a single VM everything is fine.
If we 3 instances of this process in a single VM the process shows this error message after about 10 minutes.

I have gone over past posts in here and we have not found a solution; just wondering if anyone have found and solved this problem recently.

Thank you.
Roberto

Steven,

Thank you, I have

Steven Blank

Alrighty then – that's all I got.

Anyone else?

;)

Steven G. Blank
SGBlank Consulting

On 4/25/2022 11:47 AM, Roberto Ramirez Cervantes wrote:
Steven,

Thank you, I have

Jimmy Umanzor

Hello:

First check for PING \\Server Name or address then:

Check for properties of Magic.ini

Imagen integrada

Then in server chek for the port 1433 in firewall -> entrance rules

Greetings,

El lunes, 25 de abril de 2022 12:47:17 GMT-6, Roberto Ramirez Cervantes <marionette_66@...> escribió:

Steven,

Thank you, I have

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 12:57 PM, Jimmy Umanzor wrote:
Jimmy,
I have and both the credentials and the firewall are fine and connection is perfect with 1 or 2 sessions of Magic on the same VM; when we have 3 connections running on the same VM is when this error occurs, but only after 10 minutes or so... now we think out antivirus software has something to do denying connections to the SQL server but we are still looking for an answer.

Thank You

Jimmy Umanzor

Then disable you AV ,

El lunes, 25 de abril de 2022 14:23:33 GMT-6, Roberto Ramirez Cervantes <marionette_66@...> escribió:

Jimmy,
I have and both the credentials and the firewall are fine and connection is perfect with 1 or 2 sessions of Magic on the same VM; when we have 3 connections running on the same VM is when this error occurs, but only after 10 minutes or so... now we think out antivirus software has something to do denying connections to the SQL server but we are still looking for an answer.

Thank You

Craig Martin

Can you make it work just for illustrative purposes with a simple non-Magic python or c# app issuing a simple query that would demonstrate where your limits are imposed?
I mean is it unique to Magic or general infrastructure configuration?

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> on behalf of Jimmy Umanzor via groups.io <jjerly@...>
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2022 1:26 PM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] DBNETLIB ConnectionOpen(Connect()). SQL Server does not exist or access denied

Then disable you AV ,

El lunes, 25 de abril de 2022 14:23:33 GMT-6, Roberto Ramirez Cervantes <marionette_66@...> escribió:

Jimmy,

Thank You

Adrian Wick

A week ago i had the same problem. Turns out my server and sql instance name was wrong. 

I created a new project with 3 tables, 1 in each instance. Created 3 programs, each containing 1 table and than run this new project to see
which table and database was a trouble maker. When i got that i focused on those settings ...

regards
A

Solution found:

Our internal IDS system viewed the request of the VM as a source of a DDOS attack. We had to exclude both computers from the policy and the issue is no more

Thanks for your input,
Roberto

Jimmy Umanzor

Great, thanks for the helpful advice

Greetings

El mar, 26 de abr. de 2022 a la(s) 11:18 a. m., Roberto Ramirez Cervantes
<marionette_66@...> escribió:
Solution found:

Our internal IDS system viewed the request of the VM as a source of a DDOS attack. We had to exclude both computers from the policy and the issue is no more

Thanks for your input,
Roberto