Brown Bag 2022 or 2023 Poll - location options and timing - pick one 2022 option and one 2023 option #poll-notice

Charles Coe

Fellow Magicians, we are working to put on the next Magic Brown Bag event.

I have recently gone to a couple conferences and no major Covid related issues have come up, so we're going to give it a try.  Todd and I spoke and want to gauge your level of interest in three destinations:  Las Vegas, Orlando or New Orleans.

If we are able to keep the attendee cost to $195 for 3 days training and the hotel room cost to $250.00/night including taxes, which of the below would you seriously be more likely to attend:

October (or early November) 2022 - pick one of these 4

Las Vegas

Orlando

New Orleans

None of the above

AND

March 2023 - also pick one of these 4

Las Vegas

Orlando

New Orleans

None of the above

Please be aware that this is put on by volunteers and we have to make financial commitments to the hotel, so we are trying to get a good gauge of interest.  As in the past, this will be a non-profit event.

If we have it in New Orleans (as this is my home), we will probably do the one free dinner night (i.e. crawfish/cajun food) again due to overall cost savings.

As in the past we would ask Magic to present the first day, and have user presentations on the second and third days.

PICK ONLY 1 OCTOBER 2022 OPTION AND THEN ALSO PICK 1 MARCH 2023 OPTION - you are allowed to pick multiple options in the poll but limit your picks to only two options.

Please pick a city only if you would be likely to attend.  We'll post the results when Todd is good and ready :)

Thank you,

Charles Coe

Thank you for voting. Results will be available when the poll is closed.

Craig Martin

Like my teenage nickname, Martini, I'd say anytime, anyplace, anywhere. (You might have to be of a certain age to get the TV advert theme song reference).

I've never been to New Orleans. I'd vote 2022. 2023 can take care of itself. Why wait until October?

Oh, you had rules about replying? Rules don't apply to me.

[...]

1. October (or early November) 2022 - Las Vegas
2. October (or early November) 2022 - Orlando
3. October (or early November) 2022 - New Orleans
4. October (or early November) 2022 - None of the 2022 options
5. March 2023 - Las Vegas
6. March 2023 - Orlando
7. March 2023 - New Orleans
8. March 2023 - None of the 2023 options

Click Here To Vote

Charles Coe, CPA, MCSE

New Orleans, Louisiana

Charles Coe

Craig,
You are the exception to the rules - your vote is cast - 2022 anywhere.
Thanks,
Charles
--
Charles Coe, CPA, MCSE

New Orleans, Louisiana

Wes Hein

I would probably attend any of those locations.  If magic comes would like some real life examples of the angular client not just some wimpy Hello World stuff.  Want to see what difficulties there can be and how to best prepare, not just a sales presentation.

Wes

Mike Moore

@Charles, any update on this?

Thank you.

From:        "Wes Hein" <wes.hein@...>
To:        main@magicu-l.groups.io
Date:        06/29/2022 05:58 AM
Sent by:        main@magicu-l.groups.io

I would probably attend any of those locations.  If magic comes would like some real life examples of the angular client not just some wimpy Hello World stuff.  Want to see what difficulties there can be and how to best prepare, not just a sales presentation.

Wes

Charles Coe

Mike,
Nothing final just yet.  I am signing the contract tomorrow with the venue.  If you need a date to pencil in, March 19 arrival to New Orleans and 3 day conference starting on Monday March 20 and ending on March 22 at 5pm.
We'll make the announcement once I get the contract signed and the websites updated for detailed info.
We plan on making it an epic Magic learning event for attendees and visitors to New Orleans.
Charles
--
Charles Coe, CPA, MCSE

New Orleans, Louisiana

Mike McMillin

yahoo fantasy GIF

Ram Butan

Mr. Charles Coe,
Please consider having the event available via Zoom or any other suitable meeting platform.
This would greatly facilitate those who find it challenging to travel to New Orleans in the United States.

Regards,
Ram Butan

On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 3:51 AM Charles Coe via groups.io <coe=coesolutions.com@groups.io> wrote:
Mike,
Nothing final just yet.  I am signing the contract tomorrow with the venue.  If you need a date to pencil in, March 19 arrival to New Orleans and 3 day conference starting on Monday March 20 and ending on March 22 at 5pm.
We'll make the announcement once I get the contract signed and the websites updated for detailed info.
We plan on making it an epic Magic learning event for attendees and visitors to New Orleans.
Charles
--
Charles Coe, CPA, MCSE

New Orleans, Louisiana

Charles Coe

Hi Ram,
Certainly understood - The challenge has more to do with the technical issues of pulling it off - and as we are all volunteers, doing on line sessions is a little too big for us to try and pull off in a quality way.
What we are good at here is in person food and entertaining in New Orleans - so this time we're focused on a good in person experience.

The Magic community has always been about sharing.  If we figure out a way to easily share content, we will.

Thanks,
Charles
--
Charles Coe, CPA, MCSE