Column summary

Pavel Mencl

MS Access has this neat feature of defining summaries of columns at the bottom of a table , like Sum, Count...
While this can be done on the fly, I could do without that.
Basically, like we have Column header, I'd like to have Column footer as well. Obviously I'm talking about online tasks.
Any idea?
Pavel

Todd Baremore

Pavel,

I have a feature similar to what you are describing built in to my reporting tool where I summarize each column in the report by the column value, monthly by column value, annually by column value, and year & month by column value (this allows the user to compare May 2021 to May 2022).  When building the report I also update four memory tables, one for each type of summary.
Here is an example of a column summary for the day of the week by month.  The report was run for July 1, 2021 - September 31, 2021.   The user accesses the summary menu by double clicking on any value in the column.  You could just as easily put buttons at the bottom of each column.

Todd