Creating QR Codes

Jacques

Hello,
for sure someone has created QR codes with Magic..
i'm still with 8.30, and i'm looking an external product able to create unique QR code, with some informations coming from one of my apps.
and also able to print it from Magic ???
anyone did use an external program to generate a QR code, printable directly with Magic ??  Special fonts ???
any idea welcome...
Jacques

madmaxhh

Hi Jacques,

I use zint as an external program for QR codes. There you can create a bmp image, which I print in Magic.

Heinz

Von: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] Im Auftrag von Jacques
Gesendet: Dienstag, 9. August 2022 13:32
An: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Betreff: [magicu-l] Creating QR Codes

Hello,
for sure someone has created QR codes with Magic..
i'm still with 8.30, and i'm looking an external product able to create unique QR code, with some informations coming from one of my apps.
and also able to print it from Magic ???
anyone did use an external program to generate a QR code, printable directly with Magic ??  Special fonts ???
any idea welcome...
Jacques

Virenfrei.www.avg.com

Jacques

Hello Heinz,

danke für Deine Antwort, ich hab's probiert, aber manually.
es geht schön, und einfach.... ich schaffe aber nicht es wie ich möchte... merkwürdig, nein???
ich möchte direckt ein String schicken, etwas wie :

Path\zint.exe 'String' -b=58 -filetype=BMP -o=\irgendwo

könntest Du mir einen Tip geben, wir Du das geschafft hast ?

Entschuldigung für mein Deutsch, 50 Jahre (Studenten Zeit) dass ich nichr mehr, oder kaum, Deutsch gesprochen habe...

Danke im voraus

Jacques

Schweizer von Genf, wohnend in den Karpathen, mit den Bären und die Wölfe, und sogar mit Drakula

David

Hi Jacques

Are you trying to create a normal qr-code or a swiss-qr-code?
It's not the same...

Greets

Jacques

Hello all,

No way to get it working,,, from Magic…

I managed to have it running, by hand in a dos box zint -b 58 -d "SVSU_Cobor_07.05.2022-14h12" -o D:\Dropbox\MgData\Pompiers\QR-Codes\SVSU_Cobor_07.05.2022-14h12.bmp

But from magic, sending a command line like this (see attached file), no answer, no errors, no result….  

Where is the error ???

Getting old, Alzheimer knocking at the door.. LL

Jacques

madmaxhh

Hi Jacques,

Try zint.exe –b QRCODE instead of –b 58

Heinz

Von: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] Im Auftrag von Jacques
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. August 2022 09:26
An: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [magicu-l] Creating QR Codes

Hello all,

I managed to have it running, by hand in a dos box zint -b 58 -d "SVSU_Cobor_07.05.2022-14h12" -o D:\Dropbox\MgData\Pompiers\QR-Codes\SVSU_Cobor_07.05.2022-14h12.bmp

But from magic, sending a command line like this (see attached file), no answer, no errors, no result….  

Where is the error ???

Jacques

Virenfrei.www.avg.com

Store the command in virtual variable and invoke the os command

Regards

r.a.murali

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jacques
Sent: 10 August 2022 12:56
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] Creating QR Codes

Hello all,

Where is the error ???

Jacques

Callum Downie

Use magic to write your command to a .bat batch file,  then run the batch file.  If you put >c:\temp\file.txt on the end of the command any error or info from the command should end up in the file

On Wed, 10 Aug 2022, 5:26 pm Jacques, <j.gander@...> wrote:

Hello all,

Where is the error ???

Jacques

Jacques

thanks guys,
i finally managed to run it correctly, the problem was that it was installed in Program Files (X86) so i had to write
"Program Files (X86)"....  i knew that.... but get caught every time...

thanks for ideas and time :):):)

Jacques

PS 

Jeroen Bos

Hi Jacques,

You know that windows has 2 environment variables “ProgramFiles” and “ProgramFiles(x86)”? If you use these with the function OSEnvGet, you will always be prompted to the correct directory in case someone has chosen to change the path.

Best regards,

Jeroen

Van: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> Namens Jacques via groups.io
Verzonden: woensdag 10 augustus 2022 15:54
Aan: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [magicu-l] Creating QR Codes

thanks guys,
i finally managed to run it correctly, the problem was that it was installed in Program Files (X86) so i had to write
"Program Files (X86)"....  i knew that.... but get caught every time...

thanks for ideas and time :):):)

Jacques

PS 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended receipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly
forbidden.

Deze e-mail kan vertrouwelijke en/of persoonlijke informatie bevatten. Als u niet de bedoelde
ontvanger bent, of deze e-mail per ongeluk heeft gekregen, breng dan de verzender
ogenblikkelijk hiervan op de hoogte en vernietig dit bericht.
Het kopieren, in de openbaarheid brengen of verspreiden van de inhoud van deze e-mail is ten
strengste verboden.

Ce courriel peut contenir des informations confidentielles et/ou privilegiees. Si ce courriel ne vous est pas destine
(ou vous avez recu ce courriel par erreur) svp, avertissez immediatement la personne qui a envoye ce courriel et detruisez le.
Toute copie non autorisee, divulgation des informations ou distribution du contenu de ce courriel sont strictement interdites.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------