Topics

CTRL-R in Batch ? #xpa

Marc Gauthier

Hi,

We are migrating an Magic 9 app to XPA 3.3G.

For reporting the application was using a batch task
Allow Option = YES
Then they we're ranging with CTRL-R - putting the value in the screen...

I'm trying to reproduce this functionnality in XPA so we don't have to do new code in each report.

Based on some previous post, I add the following option to the INI files:

[MAGIC_SPECIALS]
SpecialBatchOptions=Y

But CTRL-R is still not available...

Is this something that we can still do in XPA 3.3G ?

Thank You very much!

Marc

Did you do a search for 'SpecialBatchOptions' in the online help?

There is a help page with the title: "Differences Between V1.9 and Magic xpa 2.5"
Special Settings

The following special settings are not supported:

  • ...

  • SpecialBatchOptions

If you have the CRR 'Userfunctionality' enabled,
Doing a Rase Event 'Range of Records' in the Task Prefix will be close to what you had in Magic9

Marc Gauthier

Hi Luuk,

Thanks for the answers. Try to do make it work with no success.

In online browse it worked fine.

But the in the same online change to batch program nothing appears, In the monitor I see the call to the user functionality but nothing appear...

I check the options, put Allow Events to YES, All Options to YES...nothing appears...

I try to put a Delay, no sucess.

Let me know if i'm missing something.

Thank You very much!

Marc

Govert Schipper

Hi Marc, as far as I know it is not possible to use these functions in batch tasks.
So you probably have to write your own range functionality.

Thanks for the answers. Try to do make it work with no success.

In online browse it worked fine.

But the in the same online change to batch program nothing appears, In the monitor I see the call to the user functionality but nothing appear...

I check the options, put Allow Events to YES, All Options to YES...nothing appears...

I try to put a Delay, no sucess.

Let me know if i'm missing something.

Thank You very much!

Marc