Topics

Error opening table that has a Blob attribute and contents on Unipaas 1.9C on Windows Server 2019 and Pervasive V8

marwin mesa

Edited

Hi Guys,

I'm encountering a problem on opening a table with a blob attribute and data and contents Unipaas 1.9C WIndows Server 2019 and Pervasive V8

based on my isolation test here are the results  with the blob data
1) Client: Windows Server 2019  + Database: ZenV14 = it works, I was able to open the table
2) Client: Windows Server 2019 + Database: PSQL V8 = it crashed, Abnormal termination: out of memory
3) Client: Windows Server 2003/2008/Windows 10 + Database: Zenv14 = it works, i was able to open the table
4)  Client: Windows Server 2003/2008/Windows 10 + Database: PSQLV8= it works, i was able to open the table

it seems like Unipaas 1.9C + Windows Server 201 as client9 + PSQLV8 +Blob data was a bad mix,
I attached screenshots to post
let me know if you have any tips or advise

Thanks

Pascal Perret - EXES sarl

Hello,

Are you sure it’s only a blob problem ? I did a quick test with windows 2019 as client and it seems that the problem is a problem of pervasive SQL V8 client 32 bits which is not working. Magic eDevelloper 10 works well but the database client not running well. No ?

Meilleures salutations,

Pascal Perret | pperret@...

+41 79 230 6258

Exes Sàrl - Services Informatiques |  www.exes.ch

Crêt-du-Locle 4b | CH-2322 La Chaux-de-Fonds

Tel  +41 32 964 1205 |  Fax +41 32 964 1207

De : <main@magicu-l.groups.io> au nom de "marwin mesa via Groups.Io" <marwinmesa@...>
Répondre à : "main@magicu-l.groups.io" <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Date : jeudi, 30 janvier 2020 à 05:28
À : "main@magicu-l.groups.io" <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Objet : [magicu-l] Error opening table that has a Blob attribute and contents on Unipaas 1.9C on Windows Server 2019 and Pervasive V8

[Edited Message Follows]

[...]

Hi Pascal,
Thank you for your reply

I think it is regarding blob + a JPEG image attached to the blob +  V8 PSQL + WIndows Server 2019 issue.

because when its just regular attribute like numeric or alpha,  the Unipaas 1.9C on  windows server 2019  + V8 PSQL   was able to access it without errors
also based on the isolation test above,  i was able to open this same database on a different Windows Server with V8 PSQL

lehoczki.viktor@...

Dear Marwin Mesa,
Never select blob in a dataview where more than 1 row can be a result.
Always select the records without blobs in the dataview. I always use a button on these screens and when the button is clicked I select the certain record again with the blob.
Similar like this
1. task parent
select
usercode
signid
filename
Last Date Signed
Last Time Signed
Used
Form
usercode signid filename Last Date Signed Last Time Signed Used

Button
When button clicked 1.1 subtask called
1.1 child task
select
unique index segments with range on each from the parent task. (I don't know what fields are unique in your file definition)
V... blob
S... blob
V... blob

In this case in the parent the blobs are not read from the database. For 1000 records 3 blobs can be a huge amount of data.
In the child task only 3 blobs are read from the database.
Best regards,
Viktor