De: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] En nombre de Steven Blank
Enviado el: miércoles, 28 de setiembre de 2022 20:07
Para: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Asunto: Re: [magicu-l] Background

André,

There are a vast number of demo programs available in this forum's Shared Files area which are specific to Magic v9.4. I invite you to follow this link to a search of those shared files with the literal string "9.4"

https://magicu-l.groups.io/g/main/filessearch?p=name%2C%2C9.4%2C20%2C1%2C20%2C0&next=1

Be prepared to be amazed. ;)

Steven G. Blank
Ξ SGBlank Consulting

On 9/28/2022 3:02 PM, Heidi Schuppenhauer wrote:

On my copy of V9, "Parallel execution" is on the Advanced tab, so I'm thinking it exists. I didn't use it in V9 much, but we did use it.

It has to be selected in the top task though.

It is a nice way to execute long batch tasks in the background.

Heidi.Schuppenhauer

On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 10:28 AM De Netwerkadviseur BV <andre@...> wrote:

Hi Todd,

Thanks for your reply.

Parallel Executing is not on the Advance Tab like XPA and nothing on the Help.

I never searched for this in V9.4, so I hoped there was a way.

Kind regards,
André

Steven Blank

Andres,

Perhaps the most straightforward method would be to create a scheduled task in Windows' Task Scheduler to call a certain batch task on your desired schedule. Obviously, this computer would need to be secured and powered-on all the time — just another "server."

In this batch task, use DOS commands to execute the Magic Runtime with a command line switch as required to point the runtime engine to a supplemental INI file, which file contains the ProgNo of the specific program to be executed, as well as any required special settings and/or global values/arguments.

Steven G. Blank
Ξ SGBlank Consulting

On 9/29/2022 10:39 AM, Andres Quintas wrote:

How to run a listing at a certain time, for example at 6:00 a.m. in V 8.30

Regards

Andres