Topics

F6 (Wide) - uniPaaS 1.9

Lado Wali

Hi Group,

Can we achieve F6 (Wide) function by click of a push button? 

Thanks
Lado

Steven Blank

Lado,

Place a button control on the form and set its Raise Event property (red arrow) to Internal:Wide, as follows:

Notice that the button control is not bound to a variable (Data property is empty, green arrow).

I did not verify this detail, but I do not believe you can bind this button to a variable and have it work properly.

Steve Blank

On 5/21/2020 1:26 PM, Lado Wali wrote:
Hi Group,

Thanks
Lado

Lado Wali

Steven,

If I attach the data field, it does work but again the parking should be on the field first.
I want this to work without knowing where to park.

Thanks
Lado

image.png

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 5:19 PM Steven Blank <sgblank@...> wrote:

Lado,

Place a button control on the form and set its Raise Event property (red arrow) to Internal:Wide, as follows:

Notice that the button control is not bound to a variable (Data property is empty, green arrow).

I did not verify this detail, but I do not believe you can bind this button to a variable and have it work properly.

Steve Blank

Hi Group,

Thanks
Lado

Steven Blank

Lado,

So, if I understand correctly, when the user clicks your button, you want:

(1) the cursor to move TO a specific edit control on the form, regardless of where the cursor currently sets, and

(2) to change to Wide mode.

Is that correct?

What version?

Steve Blank

On 5/21/2020 3:03 PM, Lado Wali wrote:
Steven,

If I attach the data field, it does work but again the parking should be on the field first.

Thanks
Lado

image.png

Lado,

Steve Blank

Hi Group,

Thanks
Lado

Lado Wali

Hi Steve,

Ok, I have achieved this through below steps:

1) Added a variables to the push button.
2) Fixed the Tab Control for both the Push Button and the Field for which I need the F6/Wide function in order one after another.
3) Added the below user action to the push button.

image.png

It worked beautifully.

Thanks
Lado

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 6:21 PM Steven Blank <sgblank@...> wrote:

Lado,

So, if I understand correctly, when the user clicks your button, you want:

(1) the cursor to move TO a specific edit control on the form, regardless of where the cursor currently sets, and

(2) to change to Wide mode.

Is that correct?

What version?

Steve Blank

On 5/21/2020 3:03 PM, Lado Wali wrote:
Steven,

Thanks
Lado

image.png

Lado,

Steve Blank

Hi Group,

Thanks
Lado

Wes Hein

You might want to substitute a CtrlGoto command in the event then add an internal event Wide on the control prefix of the control name you to to, might be more XPA friendly

Wes