Topics

HTTPCALL /GET stopped working in XPA versions above 3.2

Avgerinos

Hi magicians

This is to report one more case related the the HTTPcall issue already reported to the group for XPA versions.
In our case all HTTPcalls (/GET to Coinbase API) that used to work fine in version 3.2, are failing in all versions above (3.3. and 4.x)
After failing to find the cause, we ended up using a non-Magic solution.

Anyone knows if there is a ticket for this issue or a bug-fix version expected?

Regards
Avgerinos

magic9@...

A quick alternative solution for httpget is to use wget (which is free).
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/wget.htm

At 10:55 AM 5/18/2020, you wrote:
Hi magicians

This is to report one more case related the the HTTPcall issue already reported to the group for XPA versions.
In our case all HTTPcalls (/GET to Coinbase API) that used to work fine in version 3.2, are failing in all versions above (3.3. and 4.x)
After failing to find the cause, we ended up using a non-Magic solution.

Anyone knows if there is a ticket for this issue or a bug-fix version expected?

Regards
Avgerinos

Todd Baremore

Averinos,

In January I sent a sample program to MSE to demonstrate the problem:

This is an example of a message I am sending
message=<message>testing</message>

This is what HTTPCall() is sending
XPA 3.2e    "message":"<message>testing</message>"       correct
XPA 3.3g    "message=<message>testing</message>":""     causing me a great deal of heartache

I'm stuck in 3.2e for now.

Please open a ticket.
Todd
On 5/18/2020 10:55 AM, Avgerinos wrote:

Hi magicians

This is to report one more case related the the HTTPcall issue already reported to the group for XPA versions.
In our case all HTTPcalls (/GET to Coinbase API) that used to work fine in version 3.2, are failing in all versions above (3.3. and 4.x)
After failing to find the cause, we ended up using a non-Magic solution.

Anyone knows if there is a ticket for this issue or a bug-fix version expected?

Regards
Avgerinos

Avgerinos

Hi Todd and thanks for your answer

I have all the Magic licenses under maintenance, but I'm afraid that for opening a ticket I need a support contract with MSE

Regards
Avgerinos