MSSCCI Provider for TFS

Govert Schipper

Hi group,

Replacing my ten year old laptop with a newer and faster model.

To connect to TFS for version control I need something like a MSSCCI Provider.

I can’t find the proper links for download.

Anyone suggestions?

Kind regards,

Govert Schipper

Keith Canniff

Govert,

You can go to the files section and look for tfs.zip I uploaded a while ago.

However you'll have to download visual studio 2013 instead of team explorer 2013 which is no longer available. VS 2013 has team explorer 2013 built into it.

Keith

Replacing my ten year old laptop with a newer and faster model.

To connect to TFS for version control I need something like a MSSCCI Provider.

I can’t find the proper links for download.

Anyone suggestions?

Kind regards,

Govert Schipper

Roman Goldenberg

Edited

Hi,
you can download here
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=TFSPowerToolsTeam.MicrosoftVisualStudioTeamFoundationServer20132015M

Govert Schipper

Thanks Keith and Roman, I managed to get it up and running

Govert

Replacing my ten year old laptop with a newer and faster model.

To connect to TFS for version control I need something like a MSSCCI Provider.

I can’t find the proper links for download.

Anyone suggestions?

Kind regards,

Govert Schipper

Govert Schipper

New problem: when trying to get the projects from the VC server (TFS) on my new laptop, I get an error message saying:

“The selected Version Control project does not contain an EDP file”.

But when I look at the project files from Visual Studio Team Explorer I can see the .edp file.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Govert Schipper

Thanks Keith and Roman, I managed to get it up and running

Govert

Replacing my ten year old laptop with a newer and faster model.

To connect to TFS for version control I need something like a MSSCCI Provider.

I can’t find the proper links for download.

Anyone suggestions?

Kind regards,

Govert Schipper

Keith Canniff

This happens sometimes when you either
1. Open from VC Server in Magic
2. From VS/Team Explorer And clone the project.

Hopefully you pulled the folder that contained the edp and not the "Source" folder???

Thanks Keith and Roman, I managed to get it up and running

Govert

Replacing my ten year old laptop with a newer and faster model.

To connect to TFS for version control I need something like a MSSCCI Provider.

I can’t find the proper links for download.

Anyone suggestions?

Kind regards,

Govert Schipper

Govert Schipper

Hi Keith,

Yes, I choose Open from VC Server in Magic and select the root folder of the project, not the Source folder.

Still the error message appears for every project I try to open.

Govert

2. From VS/Team Explorer And clone the project.

Hopefully you pulled the folder that contained the edp and not the "Source" folder???

Thanks Keith and Roman, I managed to get it up and running

Govert

Replacing my ten year old laptop with a newer and faster model.

To connect to TFS for version control I need something like a MSSCCI Provider.

I can’t find the proper links for download.

Anyone suggestions?

Kind regards,

Govert Schipper

Keith Canniff

Govert,

Try cloning it from Team Explorer.

If that doesn’t work, then the one way I got most of mine to work everytime was to make sure in TFS (Azure DevOps) was to have a parent “Project” folder like “Magic Apps” and then all your Magic projects become individual repos in that Azure DevOps project.

It’s something about being the root project in Azure DevOps that causes it to miss the EDP.

Keith

Yes, I choose Open from VC Server in Magic and select the root folder of the project, not the Source folder.

Still the error message appears for every project I try to open.

Govert

2. From VS/Team Explorer And clone the project.

Hopefully you pulled the folder that contained the edp and not the "Source" folder???

Thanks Keith and Roman, I managed to get it up and running

Govert

Replacing my ten year old laptop with a newer and faster model.

To connect to TFS for version control I need something like a MSSCCI Provider.

I can’t find the proper links for download.

Anyone suggestions?

Kind regards,

Govert Schipper

Govert Schipper

Solved it by manually adding the projects into the Workspace using Visual Studio.

Govert

[...]

Yet another problem: checking in a modified program having a public name gives two consecutive pop-up error boxes, “Invalid parameter” and “Non-specific failure” and no check-in.

Checking in a modified program works without problems.

[...]

Sorry people, solved by installing Update 5 for Visual Studio 2013

Govert