MSSQL and CLUSTERED INDEX #xpa #sql

Adrian Wick

Hello friends its me again with another question.

Are you guys using CLUSTERED INDEXES in sql?

I am asking because I see great INCREMENTAL SEARCH IMPROVMENT if I have a table with CLUSTERED INDEX compared
to the same table without CLUSTERED INDEX. The tables and a program, in which I did the test, are exactly the same, except for
the clustered index.

Reading on web about clustered indexes and I can't find anything against using them. I read deletes are slower, but I did not find
any issues deleting records. even in a batch ...

Any thought?

Steven Burrows

Never used them.

If we have speed issues we run the Tuning Advisor and let it do its thing if the improvement is “worth it”.

Just checked, and it has never suggested a Clustered index.

Steven Burrows