Topics

Odd behavior with Row Expansion on Report in XPA 4.6

Jim Stephenson

I have a report that prints notes chronologically. These notes can be up to 1000 characters.

So I have my report set to expand the row to one page. I found something unusual though.

Some notes were getting their last line cut off. I expanded the field height which seemed to help somewhat.

But the thing is that if I print to a normal printer the notes print fine. If I print to the Adobe Printer driver it always chops off the last line of the text if it goes beyond 2 rows.

Is there something different that needs done when printing to a PDF this way?

Thanks,
Jim

Steven Burrows

You have to add a CR/LF to get the last line to appear in Print Preview. Guess it’s the same with that Printer Driver, but I have only ever seen it with Print Preview.

Bound to be fixed soon, only been around since Magic v6.

Steven Burrows

This email is not from Hexagon’s Office 365 instance. Please be careful while clicking links, opening attachments, or replying to this email.

I have a report that prints notes chronologically. These notes can be up to 1000 characters.

So I have my report set to expand the row to one page. I found something unusual though.

Some notes were getting their last line cut off. I expanded the field height which seemed to help somewhat.

But the thing is that if I print to a normal printer the notes print fine. If I print to the Adobe Printer driver it always chops off the last line of the text if it goes beyond 2 rows.

Is there something different that needs done when printing to a PDF this way?

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Stephenson

Thanks Steve, I do already have a CR/LF at the end of the note field.

--
Sent from Jim's Ipad

Steven Burrows

I just went and checked in our 4.6 test area, and the Preview bug seems to have gone away, at least in a brief test.

Excuse my snark !

[...]

harry@...

Hi Jim,

Did you try setting the Special Setting 'SpecialLastLinePrint' to Y ?

Best regards,
Harry Kleinsmit.

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 10:31 AM, Jim Stephenson wrote:
I have a report that prints notes chronologically. These notes can be up to 1000 characters.

So I have my report set to expand the row to one page. I found something unusual though.

Some notes were getting their last line cut off. I expanded the field height which seemed to help somewhat.

But the thing is that if I print to a normal printer the notes print fine. If I print to the Adobe Printer driver it always chops off the last line of the text if it goes beyond 2 rows.

Is there something different that needs done when printing to a PDF this way?

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Stephenson

Thanks Harry,