Topics

Off Topic: TFS and VS

Tom Worthen

We are currently TFS with VS 2013. That is where we started and hadn’t seen a need to upgrade. Recently we were working with a person that was using Visual Studio (VS) to edit HTML’s. So, I was wondering if we upgrade VS to 2015, 2017 or 2019 does it still work with our existing TFS or do we need to make a change/upgrade there also?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Keith Canniff

Tom,

Not sure. I think the last version of Team Explorer that worked with TFS (that supported Magic) was 2013. I think it uses the 2010 MSSCCI connector (which connects Magic to TFS) and it’s not compatible with newer versions of Team Explorer.

At least from what I remember.

However you can have multiple versions of VS installed as long as you keep the old one.

Keith