OLE Outlook XPA

Dave Beckinsale

Hi Group,

I'm currently upgrading a client from edev 9.4 to xpa4.7

One of the programs interfaces with Outlook to send email messages with attachments from magic via OLE.  This has worked perfectly in 9.4.

A difference I've noticed in XPA is that it won't work if I already have Outlook open, nothing happens.  I have to close outlook first for it to work.

Is this a known issue in XPA ?

Many thanks
Dave.

Steven Burrows

Probably because XPA Studio (and its runtime) is run in Admin Mode, so it wont interface with an Outlook running in normal mode.

Start your Outlook in Admin and it should work OK.

Steven Burrows

This email is not from Hexagon’s Office 365 instance. Please be careful while clicking links, opening attachments, or replying to this email.

Hi Group,

I'm currently upgrading a client from edev 9.4 to xpa4.7

One of the programs interfaces with Outlook to send email messages with attachments from magic via OLE.  This has worked perfectly in 9.4.

A difference I've noticed in XPA is that it won't work if I already have Outlook open, nothing happens.  I have to close outlook first for it to work.

Is this a known issue in XPA ?

Many thanks
Dave.

Dave Beckinsale

Thanks for the quick reply Steve,

Hadn't crossed my mind that was a possible cause, but as you said, works OK now.

Thank you.

Dave.

.