Topics

Problems with DirDlg function in XPA 3.3

Freddy Dewulf

Hello,
I have something strange in Magic (V7, Magic XPA 3.3).
When I look with Windows Explorer, I can see my local Drives, the mapped directories on the server and two drives, located in the cloud.
Drive N was created by installing Nuance Scansoft.
I installed a link to a kind of backup drive in the cloud (\u221809...). I mapped this to drive R.

In magic, I wiill select a map on the R drive. When I use the function DirDlg, the drives N and R are not shown, so I can't select the map.

When I copy a file located on the R drive, using FileCopy, nothing happens.
When I copy a file to the R drive or tot the N drive, using FileCopy, nothing happens.

When I execute a bat-file with a copy of that particular file, I get the message that the system can't find the file.

What could be the reason??
Are there any settings in the system (Win10) that influence this behaviour?

Any suggestion is very wellcome.

tia
Freddy

Rick Driessen

We also had these problems on windows 10 With 3.2e.

The first thing you need to do to fix the mapped drive issue is to open the registry of your computer and change a few values there. This can easily be done as shown below.

edit registry in windows

Open registry editor on your computer by typing in regedit in the Run dialog box. When it opens, head to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System path and right-click on the subkey. Select New followed by DWORD to create a new entry in your registry. Enter EnableLinkedConnections as the name of DWORD and press enter. Right-click on the newly created DWORD and enter 1 as its value and hit enter.

You have successfully added an entry into your registry and now all you need to do is restart your system and your mapped drives should show up in the Explorer without any issues.

Op ma 27 jan. 2020 om 09:47 schreef Freddy Dewulf <softica@...>:

[...]

Hi Rick,

This works fine on my PC.
Thank you very much for the solution.

Freddy

Jeroen Bos

Hi Freddy,

Somehow on windows 10 not all mapped drives are available in an elevated prompt. This can be changed via setting the registry key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\EnableLinkedConnections” to “1”. More background info on https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3035277/mapped-drives-are-not-available-from-an-elevated-prompt-when-uac-is-co

Met vriendelijke groet / Yours sincerely

De bronafbeelding bekijken

Jeroen Bos | Technisch Consultant (Technical Consultant)

Lekkerland Nederland B.V. | Ekkersrijt 7601 | 5692 HR Son

+31 (0) 40 264 4400

jeroen.bos@...

www.lekkerland.nl | www.lekkerland24.nl

De bronafbeelding bekijken

Volg ons op

[...]

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended receipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly
forbidden.

Deze e-mail kan vertrouwelijke en/of persoonlijke informatie bevatten. Als u niet de bedoelde
ontvanger bent, of deze e-mail per ongeluk heeft gekregen, breng dan de verzender
ogenblikkelijk hiervan op de hoogte en vernietig dit bericht.
Het kopieren, in de openbaarheid brengen of verspreiden van de inhoud van deze e-mail is ten
strengste verboden.

Ce courriel peut contenir des informations confidentielles et/ou privilegiees. Si ce courriel ne vous est pas destine
(ou vous avez recu ce courriel par erreur) svp, avertissez immediatement la personne qui a envoye ce courriel et detruisez le.
Toute copie non autorisee, divulgation des informations ou distribution du contenu de ce courriel sont strictement interdites.

Freddy Dewulf

Hi Jeroen,
With this setting in the registry, the problem has been solved.
Thanks for the advice

Freddy

Frigyesi Viktória

Hi Jeroen,

Is it possible that this setting is not available in Win7?

Thanks,

Viktoria

Feladó: Freddy Dewulf
Elküldve: 2020. február 7., péntek 8:39
Címzett: main@magicu-l.groups.io

Hi Jeroen,
With this setting in the registry, the problem has been solved.
Thanks for the advice

Freddy

Jeroen Bos

Hi Viktoria,

If I look at the link from Microsoft, it is something for Windows 10, so it might be possible that this doesn’t work for Windows 7.