Topics

Remote Desktop Printing

azlancomputers@...

I know this has been asked and answered many times.  I have problem with remote desktop users rerouting print jobs from Magic to remote printers.  Was working before upgrades to windows 10.  We used the default printer to select the printer that magic would use.  Now when they select the default printer in the remote desktop session is still goes to the default printer at the host.  Have verified that the remote printer is accsssible with other programs like Notepad.  but Magic is not rerouting to the default remote printer.  Seemed to happen with the advent of windows 10.  Anyone else run into this.
By the way,  hi all.

Mike Myers
Azlan Computers, Tempe AZ

Wes Hein

Have you tried unchecking 'Let WIndows manage my default printer' in the Printer Settings and selecting a printer as the default?

Wes

azlancomputers@...

yes. I specifically select the printer (redirect)  in the host devices area.  but magic still prints to the host default not the default I choose.  don't know why.  but It seemed to occure after windows 10 was implemented on the hosts.

azlancomputers@...

just wondering if anyone else has this issue.
  thanks so much

Wes Hein

I was referring to the setting on the client machine.

azlancomputers@...

Oh, thnsk Wes.  Ok,  so I select the hp (redirect) on the client as the default.  When I attach to the host,  I veify that the hp (redirect) is the default and do a quick printer test to it.  It prints on the client printer.  Then I go into magic and do a report.  It prints on the default of the host, not the default of the client.  As I said ,  is started with windows 10.  before that it worked just fine.  is there something in xpa that needs to be put into the ini file to allow the remote printer to be accessed directly so it does not need to look at the default printer.  I don't know how to put a printer name into the ini and then use it in magic.  is that fairly easy.  of do I have to put it into the ini and into all the I/o sections of all the print programs.