Sending Email in XPA 4.6

sales@...

I was successfully sending email from my application until about 4 months ago when Microsoft discontinued or upgraded its TLS.
How can I get Magic to work with the latest TLS protocol.

h.wijnholds@...

Hi,

We had the same problem.
We solved this by using an external component: AddEmail.
See: https://www.componentsource.com/product/addemail-activex

sales@...

Hi,

Thanks. Will give it a try.
Will get back to you if I need any further help with implementation.

Regards
Michael Charles

From: h.wijnholds@...
Date: Fri, July 15, 2022 7:55 am
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io

Hi,

We had the same problem.
We solved this by using an external component: AddEmail.
See: https://www.componentsource.com/product/addemail-activex

sales@...

Thanks Joe,

This option has no cost, will give this my first option.

Regards
Michael Charles

Will get back to you if I need any further help with implementation.

Regards
Michael Charles

We solved this by using an external component: AddEmail.
See: https://www.componentsource.com/product/addemail-activex

John Dowbiggin

Hi Joe

I’m having problems getting MailConnect() to connect on a server running Windows2012R2.  The client is running MS Exchange server.  I have MailServer set as “mail.client.com:25” with cust name in place of client and what I am told is a valie user and pwd specially created for this connection.  When I call the MailConnect() I get and error -1 and Failed to Connect, which is not very enlightening.  I tried making the registry changes you suggested but that didn’t help.  Can you make any further suggestions?  I’ve been stuck on this for a week or two now.

Regards

John