From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> on behalf of oldone via Groups.Io <ams989@...>
Sent: Saturday, February 8, 2020 1:21:14 PM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Subject: [magicu-l] TSplus

got the name wrong.

I am seeking anyone who uses or has used this terminal service type product.

Urgent need with paid consulting help.

contact me

help

don  ams989@...

oldone

Questions:

1) no issues with Btrieve isam and record locking?
2) quality of display...sharp and clear?
3) costly?
4) difficult to install?
guidance?
anyone available to setup on a computer?
don

Keith Canniff

Remote Spark

1. No issue with Magic and/or Btrieve
2. Same as normal RDP on any platform
3. About $36 per concurrent user. So it's not by user but by how many can be on the system at the same time
4. Took me about 15 minutes to get working so very simple.

Keith

1) no issues with Btrieve isam and record locking?
2) quality of display...sharp and clear?
3) costly?
4) difficult to install?
guidance?
anyone available to setup on a computer?
don

John Knickerbocker

Hi Keith,

RDP always seemed to have issues with certain remote printers. Does Remote Spark have those issues?

Thanks!

Sent with Gmelius

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 6:39 PM Keith Canniff <kcanniff@...> wrote:

Remote Spark

1. No issue with Magic and/or Btrieve

2. Same as normal RDP on any platform

3. About $36 per concurrent user. So it's not by user but by how many can be on the system at the same time

4. Took me about 15 minutes to get working so very simple.

Keith

1) no issues with Btrieve isam and record locking?
2) quality of display...sharp and clear?
3) costly?
4) difficult to install?
guidance?
anyone available to setup on a computer?
don

Keith Canniff

Probably not as much, however to deal with remote printers I’ve used a product call TSPrint (https://www.terminalworks.com/remote-desktop-printing). It’s now $399 per server for unlimited users and probably resolves 99.9% of remote printing issues.

I was exposed to this product probably 10+ years ago from the person that owned a hosting company to resolve all the printing issues they were dealing with.

Keith

1) no issues with Btrieve isam and record locking?
2) quality of display...sharp and clear?
3) costly?
4) difficult to install?
guidance?
anyone available to setup on a computer?
don

oldone

Remote Spark installation and setup for hosting difficulty or cost estimate?

Does the screen graphics look sharp and crisp or do they suffer some deterioration?

Thanks for the great heads up....

getting older still

don

shannon or howard miller

Thanks Keith,

Let me ask a question or two here, because this sounds very interesting.  Currently I connect to an office with three computers to one dedicated pc via gotomypc.  If I were to use TSplus, I could install that on the pc I connect to regardless of OS.  Then I would connect to that pc using the client.  Does this setup allow another remote user to connect at the same time to the same pc via the TSplus client?  With gotomypc, I am limited to a one-to-one connection.

Keith Canniff

I’m not sure your configuration is what Remote Spark is for.

Remote Spark is installed on a Terminal Server (RDP/Citrix server). So it’s  a hosting program on an already dedicated terminal server

Then from any remote device (PC, Mac, Andriod, etc.) browser, you can setup a webpage that a user would login with a username/password that gets authenticated just like an RDP session would be. The only difference between it and a normal RDP/Citrix client is that it can run the connection from any type of device (see above).

…. And yes each individual connection is a virtual desktop independent of anyone else. So each connection is it’s own virtual computer.

Keith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Let me ask a question or two here, because this sounds very interesting.  Currently I connect to an office with three computers to one dedicated pc via gotomypc.  If I were to use TSplus, I could install that on the pc I connect to regardless of OS.  Then I would connect to that pc using the client.  Does this setup allow another remote user to connect at the same time to the same pc via the TSplus client?  With gotomypc, I am limited to a one-to-one connection.

shannon or howard miller

Thanks.  The way their website described it, I could install Remote Spark on any flavor of Windows and that would act as the (terminal/rdp) server.  I was mistaken.  :)