Topics

Using Mailsend with attachments #ria #xpa

Darren

Hello Guys,

I am having an issue using MailSend with attachments right after deploying to our runtime/Q.A server.
I got it perfectly working on dev without any issues.

Now the issue is MailSend returning code -80(Failed to add attachment to the message).

Any thoughts?

Best Regards,
Darren

Roberto Ramirez

Darren,

1. Validate sending an email with no attachment using Magic
2. Try a simple attachment "c:\temp\123.txt", small file size using Magic
3. Validate sending that same attachment using another email client. Use the same user id\password that Magic is using in the MailConnect function.
4. Ensure that there are no "mail server rules" preventing the attachment of files for emails for the user id\password that Magic is using in the MailConnect function

--
Roberto Ramirez
marionette_66@...

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020, at 12:18 AM, Darren wrote:

Hello Guys,

I am having an issue using MailSend with attachments right after deploying to our runtime/Q.A server.
I got it perfectly working on dev without any issues.

Now the issue is MailSend returning code -80(Failed to add attachment to the message).

Any thoughts?

Best Regards,
Darren

olivier.besson@...

Hi Darren

usually this error raise when you use MailSend indicating there is an attachment but Magic can't find / reach it

make sure on your runtime env. you have the same network access as on your studio

Cheers,
Olivier

Darren

Hi Roberto,

1. It's working without an attachment.
2. Tried that simple attachment but also did not work.
3. Used outlook and it is ok.
4. I am connecting to exactly the same Mailserver as I did in DEV.

Regards,
Darren

Darren

Hello Everyone,

So I found out that MailSend was still looking for the files from the server side.
Any Ideas how to make it look on the client side?

Regards,
Darren

Tim Downie

Upload the file to the server
So I found out that MailSend was still looking for the files from the server side.
Any Ideas how to make it look on the client side?

Regards,
Darren

Darren

Hi Tim,

Yes, that is what I did now and it works. Just thinking if there might be an alternative doing that directly.

Thank you for your feedback!

Best Regards,
Darren