Topics

Warning : big bug on delete status in XPA 4.6 #xpa4.6

Sébastien GT

Please note, there is a huge bug in Magic XPA 4.6.
If you have an Online task with authorization to delete the current recording, and actions in record suffix linked to this deletion: these actions are done by being linked on the next record, and not the one on which we are.
Example: list of invoices: if you delete an invoice and in the suffix record, you want to delete the invoice lines, Magic will delete those of the next invoice.
This bug did not exist in version XPA 4.5 and earlier.

Steven Burrows

Owch ! Thanks. So close to a possible 4.6a release too.

Whats the QA Status of this ? If it has been accepted, could we have the Case Number so we can also check/harass ?

Steven Burrows

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sébastien GT via Groups.Io
Sent: 28 February 2020 10:33
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: [magicu-l] Warning : big bug on delete status in XPA 4.6 #xpa4.6

This email is not from Hexagon’s Office 365 instance. Please be careful while clicking links, opening attachments, or replying to this email.

If you have an Online task with authorization to delete the current recording, and actions in record suffix linked to this deletion: these actions are done by being linked on the next record, and not the one on which we are.

Example: list of invoices: if you delete an invoice and in the suffix record, you want to delete the invoice lines, Magic will delete those of the next invoice.

Keith Canniff

Just so I understand, those lines in record suffix that were  being executed against the wrong invoice had what condition: stat(0,'Delete'Mode)?

Keith

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> on behalf of Steven Burrows <steven.burrows@...>
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2020 5:42:10 AM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] Warning : big bug on delete status in XPA 4.6 #xpa4.6

Owch ! Thanks. So close to a possible 4.6a release too.

Whats the QA Status of this ? If it has been accepted, could we have the Case Number so we can also check/harass ?

Steven Burrows

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sébastien GT via Groups.Io
Sent: 28 February 2020 10:33
Subject: [magicu-l] Warning : big bug on delete status in XPA 4.6 #xpa4.6

This email is not from Hexagon’s Office 365 instance. Please be careful while clicking links, opening attachments, or replying to this email.

Sébastien GT

Case Number: 00083913
Case Owner: Nikhil Kawade

"Thank you for opening this case, We are able to reproduce this scenario. I will reporting this issue to our QA and will update you further."

Sébastien GT

Yes. and in the Help's File of 4.6, Magic write that's good to use stat(0,'D'mode) in Record Suffix : "Note: The D (Delete) status can be checked only in Record Suffix."

Roberto Gauer

So, for a simple simulation, a message box on the record Id inside a block with delete mode... should give me the next id number in dataview?
Can't simulate it here, is there a specific cenario?

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 7:53 AM Sébastien GT <sebastiengt@...> wrote:
Yes. and in the Help's File of 4.6, Magic write that's good to use stat(0,'D'mode) in Record Suffix : "Note: The D (Delete) status can be checked only in Record Suffix."

Todd Baremore

Sebastien

Unfortunately the newly released 4.6.1 does not address this problem.
Todd
On 2/28/2020 5:53 AM, Sébastien GT wrote:

Sébastien GT

Do you already have XPA 4.6.1 Todd?

Roberto, I have no specific scenario. Just Task online and events in record suffix with condition : Stat(0,'D'mode).
If you want to test Roberto, I can pass you an example by .edp.
Can you send me an email address?

Todd Baremore

I'm downloading it now, should be done by Sunday.   The bug fix list in the release notes does not mention your problem or my HTTPCall() problem. Hopefully the next release will address both our problems.
Todd
On 2/28/2020 10:56 AM, Sébastien GT wrote:

Roberto, I have no specific scenario. Just Task online and events in record suffix with condition : Stat(0,'D'mode).

Roberto Gauer

Yes, can you send an example to gawarez@...  

Tks! :)

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 12:57 PM Sébastien GT <sebastiengt@...> wrote:

Roberto Gauer

Sebastien, 

I received your example with sqlite tables... tks! 
Made a change to try for another gateways, sqlserver and oracle, and the problem appears not occur on these.
May be only affecting sqlite.

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 3:34 PM Roberto Gauer via Groups.Io <gawarez=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes, can you send an example to gawarez@...  

Tks! :)

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 12:57 PM Sébastien GT <sebastiengt@...> wrote:

Sébastien GT

Hi Roberto,

We have this problem with SQL Lite and Pervasive/Btrieve.

Wes Hein

What is the criteria for the range on the deletion subtasks, are you using the variable from the dataview or passing a paramenter?

Wes

unipaas_programmer@...

Didn't get a chance to test this out till this morning, but it seems like that I cannot duplicate this bug with 4.6.1 with MSSQL. So maybe this only applies to Btrieve, or they fixed it in 4.6.1

Sébastien GT

Both (By parameters and variables from the dataview). Same results...
I just tried with Btrieve / Pervasive.

Sébastien GT

Good morning all,
Magic will release today or tomorrow a new Magic XPA 4.6.1a version that fixes this bug.

Steven Burrows

Is this an “on request” release ? Cant see it on Downloads page.

Sent: 19 March 2020 10:49
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] Warning : big bug on delete status in XPA 4.6 #xpa4.6

Good morning all,

Magic will release today or tomorrow a new Magic XPA 4.6.1a version that fixes this bug.

Sébastien GT

Yes, Magic made a version only for my company.
I informed them that this bug affected everyone.
The new version completely corrects this deletion bug.

Sébastien GT

Magic tell me today that : Magic will release tomorrow a new version for everybody ;-)